Open Study is a 4 hour block of time each week (see website for schedule) where students will have access to one of our teachers to ask them questions about anything they like language related. There is no lesson in our open study period. But we are here to help you with your homework, essay writing, pronunciation practice, grammar, or anything else you need help with. The teacher here will spend some one-on-one time with all the students who attend.
Open Study Rules: 开放学习准则：
1. No more than 8 students at a time – we want to ensure all students have a chance to ask their questions 参加人数不超过8名学生，以确保所有机会向老师提问题。
2. Do not ask general questions like:
“Call you tell me about life in America?”
“What is some vocabulary about banking?”
“Let’s talk about the 4 seasons”
These are too broad and can go in many different directions. Ask specific questions related to English or your classes.
Questions should be like this:
“Can you help me with my ‘Th’ pronunciation?
“Last class we studied the Present Perfect but I don’t understand when to use it”
“Can you test me on this material I learned last class?”
3. No more than one hour at a time – ask your questions, listen to some others, and make room for other students to come in.
4. The teacher will spend no longer than 15 minutes on any specific question – we want to be able to have as many questions as possible.
5. All attendee’s must have questions to ask. No Question, no attending.